The holidays are upon us and this is a friendly reminder that all those wonderful decorations that fill your home with warmth and light can be harmful to your furry critters. The following list will help you have a happy holiday home for all your family members.
1. Plants: Poinsettias, mistletoe, holly, and lilies are all poisonous to pets causing at best vomiting and diarrhea and at worst organ failure and death
2. Tree: What’s on the tree and under it can be hazardous and we all know how pets love to get into things. Be mindful of the sharp pine needles and tree water, especially with dogs. And watch where the tinsel and angel hair goes, if your kitty ingests it surgery may be the only option to remove the blockage!
3. Food and drink: Feed your pet before the festivities and they might not be so tempted to sneak a treat. And don’t give them chocolate, raisins, or alcohol.
For more information click on the links to read the full articles: